The Mortgage Loan Retail Underwriter is responsible for underwriting loans in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures. The position will be responsible for analyzing and evaluating consumer home loan applications as well as the supporting documentation to assess borrower’s creditworthiness. You will be tasked with making sound underwriting decisions that meet legal and policy requirements. This position will work closely with all GHMC Retail Staff - (Sales and Ops) and must have a high level of organizational and communication skills.
Specific Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Underwrites 4 – 6 Conventional, USDA, FHA, and VA loans within company, investor, and industry guidelines per day with a standard turnaround time of 24 - 48 hours.
- Complete analysis of credit, income, property and verify consistency of loan file information.
- Identify risk factors within each loan and utilizes resources, tools and documentation to detect red flags and clear inconsistencies.
- Analyzes and issues credit decisions. Reviews and makes informed decisions on financial statements, credit reports and applicable ratios (i.e., DTI and LTV).
- Review and clear underwriting conditions, stipulations or pre-funding requirements received.
- Communicate with Retail Sales and Operations teams to resolve issues as they arise.
- Resolve and respond to any post-closing and/or audit deficiencies with Quality Assurance and Management received from investors and auditors when required on loans underwritten.
- Maintains ongoing knowledge of investor guidelines and updates as applicable to position.
- Responsible for pipeline management to adhere to turn times and compliance requirements.
- Maintains a current knowledge of loan programs.
- Communicates effectively with internal staff to maintain high level of customer service.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Strong understanding of credit/ability to perform mathematical calculations and review highly complex financial documents.
- Knowledge of FHA, FNMA and FHLMC policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of mortgage loan processing, compliance, and underwriting guidelines.
- Knowledge of mortgage insurance (MI) guidelines.
- Organized, analytical and detail oriented.
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required, BA/BS preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of retail mortgage underwriting experience.
- Valid and current FHA Direct Endorsement (DE) certification required and SAR certification preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Guaranty Home Mortgage Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Guaranty Home Mortgage Corporation
Our team is paramount to our success, and is comprised of individuals dedicated to serving our clients and community well.
Founded in 1986 by Wendell Mandrell, Guaranty Home Mortgage Corporation has been a leader in residential mortgage lending. Locally owned and operated in Tennessee, we service loans in 32 states. That means you receive friendly personal service from a hometown team, with the deep resources of a large organization. From conventional, jumbo, FHA, VA, Rural Development, and THDA loans our experts can guide you through the process with speed and ease.
Guaranty Home Mortgage Corporation is a billion-dollar mortgage lender that ranks among the top 100 mortgage companies in America. The company maintains Tennessee sales offices in Murfreesboro, Brentwood, Fayetteville, Hendersonville, Knoxville, Mt. Juliet, Shelbyville and Atoka. The company also markets mortgages nationally through its wholesale and internet lending services.
Guaranty Home Mortgage Corporation was recognized as a Top Workplace in Middle Tennessee in 2018. It is the sixth consecutive year Guaranty Home Mortgage Corporation has been name one of the mid-state’s best employers by The Tennessean. Additionally, Guaranty Home Mortgage Corporation has received accolades from The Nashville Business Journal as a Top 25 Mortgage Lender in Nashville and was recognized as a Top 100 Mortgage Company by Mortgage Executive Magazine.
Página Web de la Compañía: www.ghmloans.com
(si ya tienes un currículum en Indeed)